Dev. and Improving C2S relationship in Traditional commerce using ICT
| ||Created by:||Jacob Bangsgaard|
| ||Title:||Dev. and Improving C2S relationship in Traditional commerce using ICT|
| ||Duration in months:||24|
| ||Project website:||http://www.brunel.ac.uk/depts/math/research/com/|
| ||Project e-mail:||Marques_etra@vlc.servicom.es|
| ||The objectives of DISTRICT are to enhance the user friendliness of information, integration across information processing, cooperation and to develop new forms of business collaboration. DISTRICT develops a new business model from a value chain integration perspective, based on the convergence of information and communication technologies. DISTRICT cooperates with related projects of other thematic programmes especially in the field of supply distribution system.|
For small retailers, DISTRICT is innovative in several ways:
- The project develops an innovative combination of On-Line Mall, individual company’s E-Commerce Web Site, Banner Ads and Shopping Agents.
- The DISTRICT solution covers both a B2C and a B2B application. In both cases, the focus will be on traditional small food retailers, a sector with a relatively low technological culture.
- DISTRICT will not be limited to a strictly technical perspective; it will also include the definition of a business model, from a value-chain integration perspective.
In addition DISTRICT includes a number of innovative technological features such as:
- Advanced User Profiling - a detailed profile will be made while the user is buying on the web site.
- Integration of the business cycle, from customer front-end to order acknowledgement, inbound logistics and home delivery.
- Implementation of the concept of demand management – a concept coming from the domains of telecom and road network management- in the sector of small food retailers. These small businesses have a lot of problems with their capacity management, as all the demand tends to be concentrated in a few days of the week, when activity is much more intense. It would be helpful for them to interact with their customers and offer them the chance to get a discount if they scheduled their shopping during an off-peak day.
- Integration of information supplied in real time by third party information systems, e.g. a trip planner.
|Funding in KEUR|
| ||Companyname:||ETRA I+D|
| ||Address:||Tres Forques, 147|
| ||Fax :||+34.96.350.32.34|