National Association of Purchasing Management
Mission Statement: The Mission of ISM is to lead supply management.
Three main points underscore the Mission. These are:
- Expand the sphere of influence of supply management.
- Align Institute for Supply Management's organization with its Mission.
- Enhance Institute's revenue generation to ensure the resources necessary to support the Mission.
View the ISM Strategic Plan.
Founded in 1915, the Institute for Supply Management™ (ISM) is the largest supply management association in the world as well as one of the most respected. ISM’s mission is to lead the supply management profession through its standards of excellence, research, promotional activities, and education. ISM’s membership base includes more than 45,000 supply management professionals with a network of domestic and international affiliated associations. ISM is a not-for-profit association that provides opportunities for the promotion of the profession and the expansion of professional skills and knowledge.
A not-for-profit association, ISM offers a wide range of educational products and programs. As a member of ISM you receive:
- Inside Supply Management®, the award-winning monthly publication featuring the latest trends and information for the purchasing and supply management professional. Included in each issue of the magazine is the Manufacturing ISM Report on Business®, a long-established purchasing survey and indicator of economic trends, noted for its accuracy. The report is considered by many to be the most reliable near-term economic barometer available. Also included in the magazine will be the new Nonmanufacturing ISM Report on Business®. This report debuted June 3, 1998 and is an economic forecaster for the non-manufacturing sector.
- Access to the Members Only area of the ISM Web site which includes an extensive database of information, articles and other resources as well as the Online Career Center.
- Access to the CAPS Research, the first and only research center in the nation dedicated to the purchasing arena. ISM members receive a free copy of all CAPS research upon written request.
- ISM's Principles and Standards of Ethical Supply Management Conduct, first adopted in 1923, which remains one of the outstanding ethical statements in modern business.
- Networking opportunities during ISM sponsored seminars and conferences, and with your peers in your local affiliate.
- Discounts of up to 50% on ISM sponsored programs, products, and annual conference.